Matt has taken the role of an independent Automotive Journalist as of late hosting his own show called "The Smoking Tire". You can find his videos at the center of many an internet argument on YouTube and his own website www.TheSmokingTire.com Everyone be sure to support Matt in his efforts to hit the automotive jackpot of making a living by having fun with cars. He also is starring on "The Car Show" on Speed Channel with Adam Carolla, John Sally, and Dan Neil. Be sure to set the DVR and tune in on Wednesday nights.
- What event or car got you into cars? Around what age was this?
- My grandmother tells me that when I was 4 years old, I could name cars based only on what their wheels looked like.
- What was your first vehicle? What was your first vehicle you thought was cool? Do you still think that?
- My first car was a 1992 Lexus LS400. It was gangster as fuck. The first car I thought was cool was a DeLorean, and even though I now know they drive like shit, I will one day have one.
- Tell us a little about yourself?
- I exist in order to afford my fun habit, which is excessive. That consists of only having fun jobs, no matter what, and sharing that fun with the world.
- Ferrari or Lambo?
- Ferrari on a racetrack, Lambo to own.
- Best car related experience or day or driving?
- Personal drift lessons for a day from Tanner Foust, the Bullrun start in Staunton, VA, Running the banking at Talledega in a pickup truck, riding shotgun in a McLaren F1 at 200 mph.
- What have you not done in the driving world yet that you want to do?
- 50 laps of the Nurburgring in a mid engined car, 250 mph at Bonneville, and tail of the dragon on a motorcycle
- 3 Dream cars you hope to own?
- McLaren F1, Corvette ZR1, Porsche Carrera GT
- Top 3 cars from the 90's
- McLaren F1 LM, Porsche 911 Turbo 3.6, Ferrari 550 Barchetta
- Favorite type of racing
- What do you for a living?
- Internet TV Show Host & Producer, Automotive Journalist
- 3 best (stock) production cars you've driven to date.
- Porsche Carrera GT, Farnbacher Loles Cayman GTR, Corvette ZR1