Vinny for years has been sort of the "Go To" guy in the automotive world. Having held down big positions at both the Dupont Registry and Spyker, Vinny has played a large part in many different events including organizing the "Festivals of Speed" events annually in FL. Vinny has always been a fixture at every major auto show, car rally, high dollar auction, and big name car cruise in the country. He has recently taken a job working for a major italian car maker whose name may or may not rhyme with "Schmigani".
- What event or car got you into cars? Around what age was this?
- On a trip to Daytona Beach when I was around 8, my Father rented a Sand Rail and let me drive on the beach. I had been into cars since i could walk.
- What was your first vehicle? What was your first vehicle you thought was cool? Do you still think that?
- I got my first car at age 15, a 1979 Olds Omega. Someone owed my dad a bit of cash, so trying to make nice, he gave me the car. By the time I was ready to drive (16) It was painted, rims, and full stereo in it. I clearly remember my favorite HotWheels car was a Bugatti type 57, the black one with red inserts... I got to drive the real thing a few years ago.
- Tell us a little about yourself?
- With no kids and two dogs that are more spoiled than most people's children, I live in Tampa with my Fiance Launa. She is a Radio DJ. I can't think of a time that being around cars and engine wasn't on my mind. It is a sickness.
- Ferrari or Lambo?
- Lamborghini - fits my personality
- Best car related experience or day or driving?
- One that still sticks out was my first time driving the PCH, I was in Santa Monica helping film the first Autorox, Saturday morning happened to be my Birthday, so I woke up at dawn and took the Dodge Viper SRT-10 press car out and just drove for hours on the PCH. It was awesome. This followed closely by every time I get to drive an exotic car that I had only seen in magazines or videos. Life is great.
- What have you not done in the driving world yet that you want to do?
- I still would love to "Jump" a car, Dukes of Hazzard style. oh, and drive on two wheels.
- 3 Dream cars you hope to own
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air convertible (full pro-street modded), Porsche Carrera GT (drive it and you will understand), 1993 Mustang GT Convertible (just so every time I drive it I can post on my Facebook "Rollin' in my 5.0 with my ragtop down so my hair can blow")
- Top 3 cars from the 90's
- 1. Acura NSX/Toyota Supra/ Nissan Skyline/Mazda RX7 - Three way tie with the Japanese answer to the supercar. 2. Ferrari F355 - Last horsey with personality. 3. Plymouth Prowler - guys with hairy chests and big sunglasses needed something to replace the IROC.
- Favorite type of racing
- Illegal back street drag racing
- What do you for a living?
- Dealer Relations Manager for Spyker Cars, North America
- 3 best (stock) production cars you've driven to date.
- 1. Jeep SRT-8 (Good stock, great tuned) 2. McLaren F1 (Yes, it's worth the $$$) 3. Chevrolet Camaro SS (Really, you should drive it)